Get a Body That’s Ready for Summer:
What’s Up Guys,
This is Samantha with Insane Home Fat Loss and today I’m going to shed some light on some popular American foods that are preventing you from losing weight. These will be some foods that you should really look at and either cut back on or cut them out of your diet completely. So pay attention for the next couple minutes, you’re really going to want to hear this uncommon advice about these commons foods so that you can get the body of your dreams that much faster!
These common foods that I’m about to over with you are a lot higher in sugar, fats or carbs (or all 3) than you think! I’m going to give you some healthy substitutions and ways you can identify and avoid them. You ready?
0:36 #1) Orange Juice.
– Even I used to drink this all the time for breakfast, that is, until I looked closer at the nutrition label.
– 1 cup (8oz) is about 110 calories and has 26 grams of carbs, 21 of which are from sugars!
– Instead you can opt for an actual small orange. It only packs about 45 calories and 9 grams of carbs and sugars.
1:03 #2) Whole Milk.
– This VERY common in the American diet. We use it for cooking, drinking, in our cereal, etc…
– 1 cup of whole milk contains over 100 calories, 8 grams of fat and 12 grams of carbs in the form of sugar.
– Instead, what I like to do is sub this out for soy milk, almond milk or cashew milk. And even if you get the sweetened version of these alternatives you’ll be taking in only 60 calories, 2-3 grams of fat and 4-6 grams of carbs. (And the unsweetened versions are about half of that!)
1:56 #3) Salad Dressings and Condiments.
– The big American favorite is ranch dressing, especially here in Texas! And I’m talkin’ about we put it on everything…
– 2 tablespoons of ranch contains 150 calories, 12 grams of fat and a bunch of sugar. And I know we all use a lot more than just 2 tablespoons!
– Some good substitutes to try on your favorite foods and salads are yellow/spicy/dijon/brown mustards or balsamic vinegar. These will run you anywhere from 0 to 10 calories and won’t get any of the carb or fat content like you would with other things.
– If you need that creamy texture that you get with ranch you can opt for 0% greek yogurt. This is one of my favorites because you can add your own seasonings and herbs to make it taste the way you want. And this is a great option because it packs a little more protein than your typical dressings.
3:19 #4) Beef and Pork.
– Depending on the cut and type of meat your looking at, one serving will be around 200-300 calories and have about 12-15 grams of fat.
– Instead of your typical steak or pork tenderloin go more for your chicken, whitefish, lean turkey, egg whites, tofu and even some extra lean beef (96%/4%) at your local grocery store.
– If you look for these leaner protein options you’ll be cutting your calories in half and cutting your fat way low.
I just gave you some insight on things that may be detrimental to your diet without you even realizing it! And I gave you some of my favorite options for how you can make healthier choices to help with your weight loss!
For more workouts, diet and nutrition advice like you heard here today as well as awesome tips and tricks… come back and see us again and click on any of the links you see here. Don’t forget to leave your comments below to let me know what you thought about this topic and what you’d like to see more of… and don’t forget to keep those progress pics coming in.
Thanks for joining me today!
And, would you like to know more ways to get fit WITHOUT a gym? Check this out:
Thanks y’all for watching, I know how tough it is to lose that extra weight and feel good about yourself… I was was right where you are not too long ago. But stick with it, once you have your diet and workout routine down it’s just a matter of time before you’re right where you want to be. It took me a while to figure it out but once I started doing it the right way, the fat just melted off.
Here’s how I did it – It’s EASY:
Remember to Share the video with your friends on Facebook!